Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Two Girls, One Room
The second night we tried putting Ellie and Emma in the same room at night didn't go so well. At about 3am Ellie woke up and we could not calm her down. We pulled her out of the room, but not before Emma woke up too. We took Ellie into our room and tried to fall asleep. A minute later we heard a tiny voice through the baby monitor, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy." So of course, I went in to see what Emma needed. She said, "Daddy, I want baby sister to sleep in my room." I explained that Ellie couldn't come back in because she wasn't sleeping well. She countered with, "Daddy, will you sleep in my bed?" I declined the offer of sharing her twin bed for the rest of the night. The good negotiator that she is, she again countered with, "Will you hold me?" I guarantee you, no one could ever deny that sweet little request. I held her until she fell back asleep, then crawled back into my own bed for some much needed shut-eye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment